Through much searching, it was rediscovered by Dr. Mikao Usui at the end of the nineteenth century. The Usui system is one of the simplest and most natural healing methods of treatment that can be utilized for the health and well being of people, animals, places and things.
Through a gentle laying on of hands the practitioner transmits the healing energy. It can also be transmitted through absentee healing. The Reiki channel does not use their own energy but allows the divine lifeforce to flow through them. Know that as you give, you receive the benefits of Reiki.
Reiki works through the following:
- Balancing energy points on the body to create harmony and relief of tension and stress, due to our busy lives of today.
- Builds a focused source of energy to allow for the natural healing to occur, bringing forth the compassion we all as a whole need.
- It enhances and nurtures self and others back to a general state of well being.
- It is an opening up of doorways into a greater awareness of our connection to the deeper self.
- Eliminates toxins from the body.
- Stimulates the mind to the greater accesses of the universe.
- Can be used on animals and plants and even thought forms.
- Enhances all when combined with other forms of healing modalities.
- Reiki senses within its flow the application of where, when, and how it is to be utilized.
The study of Reiki:
- With the clear intent of the student a conscious decision is made to take Reiki I. Through the attunement of a Reiki Master and after experiencing the wonderful benefits from applying Reiki I to self, family, pets and friends, the practitioner may choose to continue to the next degree which is Reiki II.
- With the build up of Reiki energy being transmitted through the practitioner's body there will be many positive changes in their world. In Reiki II the student receives the absentee symbols which amplify the sending of the healing energy.
- The next step which will complete the Reiki degrees is Reiki III (Mastership). You will receive the master symbol and further instruction into the world of Reiki. The opportunity to teach after completion of the third degree is now open to the individual. Using discernment you are to allow a proper amount of time between your completion of the third degree and you as the teacher if you so choose.